Allegiant Airlines Pet Policy - No one wish to leave their beloved pets at home while traveling outside the city. It becomes even more crucial when you are flying through the air. But passengers can't take their pets (dogs and cats) with them without knowing the airline’s policies concerning the matter. This post will give you a detailed analysis of the Allegiant Airlines pet policy.
Call Tollfree 1888-974-1691 For Allegiant Airlines Pet Policy
Considering Allegiant Airlines, is listed among the ultra-low-cost airlines in the United States of America. The carrier is known for operating scheduled and charter flights across numerous destinations. In terms of market share and customer-base, Allegiant Airlines is the 9th largest commercial airline in the USA.
Allegiant Airlines Pet Policy
Fur friends are always the best allies in any venture. They prove to be faithful in every walk of life. When it comes to taking them on the flight, it may pose a question in front of you. But there is no point of worry at all if you are dealing with Allegiant Airlines.
The USA-based air carrier happily welcomes your pet on the flight. It allows you to travel with them without encountering any serious notes. The company accommodates all your family members, including pets delightfully. You can travel with your cat, dog, pig, hamster, or household bird domestically and internationally without any hassle.
While traveling with your pet, passengers need to obtain an approved airline pet carrier. The carrier must adhere to the airline’s pet policy guidelines before you take it onboard. Some of the highlighting features conclude waterproof bottom, a room for a pet to stand up and turn around, and adequate ventilation.
Principle Guidelines Under the Allegiant Airlines Pets Travel Policy
This article will let you find detailed information concerning the Allegiant Airlines pet in-cabin policy 2020-2021. Similarly, this is the perfect place for you to know about the approved pet carrier as per the air carrier rules and regulations.
Allegiant Airlines welcomes small live pets with a smiling face in the aircraft cabin if you are exploring within the 48 contiguous 48 United States. However, the airline will not accept pets when you travel across international destinations and US locations such as Puerto Rico, San Juan, etc.
Following are various acknowledgments you need to comply with:
- Allegiant Airlines recognizes only domestic dogs and cats in the cabin.
- Every individual passenger is allowed to carry one pet carrier with him/her. He/she must be an adult, i.e. at least 15 years old.
- Further, visitors can't carry more than 2 pets in a single pet carrier.
- Allegiant Airlines strongly recommends a soft-sided and leak-proof pet carrier that can fit under the seat.
- The physical dimensions of the pet carrier must not exceed 18 x 14 x 8 inches.
- It must have sufficient space for the pet to lie down, stand up, and turn around.
- As you are traveling with your pet in the baggage allowance, now, you would either have a personal bag or carry-on bag in the cabin.
- Most importantly, make sure your pet stays in the container throughout the flight time due to safety concerns.
- The carrier company doesn’t allow pets to be investigated as baggage or in cargo.
Some Other Prescriptions Regarding Pet Travels
In addition to the above, you are required to follow the below instructions carefully to avoid undesired circumstances:
- All animals you are traveling with must be minimum of four months of age.
- Your pet is needed to remain in the trolley when you are at the airport terminal or boarding the aircraft.
- Furthermore, your pets must not be harmful, disruptive, and odorful. They need to be clean and well-behaved.
- Similarly, your pets shouldn’t be violent, ill, or in physical distress.
- Your animals must fit in the container comfortably and should not protrude from it.
- Allegiant Airlines will not issue you a seat in the exit row and one row after/before the exit row and in the bulkhead.
- Essentially, travelers with pets must check-in at the Allegiant ticket counter or gate counter at least one (1) hour prior to your scheduled flight time. It is to ensure that pets and pet containers are well in compliance with the air carrier guidelines.
- You aren’t allowed to travel with pets in the cargo bin.
- Passengers don’t require to obtain a health certificate for their pets while traveling with Allegiant Airlines.
- Crucially, the airline company isn’t responsible for your pet’s well-being and health in the cabin. You’re the sole guardian of them.
In case you're not complying with the above parameters, Allegiant Airlines could deny your boarding.
Allegiant Airlines Carry-on Pet Policy: Allowed and Restricted Breeds
Do you know various animal breeds you are allowed to travel within Allegiant Airlines? This is the section to inform you about the same. Have a peek.
Allowed Animal Breeds in the Allegiant Airlines Cabin:
Passengers are permitted to carry any of the following animals on the flights within the United States:
Domesticated cats, dogs, hamsters, rabbits, guinea pigs or small household birds
Restricted Animal Breeds in the Allegiant Airlines Cabin:
You are strictly prohibited from traveling with the following animals:
- Rodents such as rats, mice, squirrels
- Large animals like macaws, parrots, birds of prey, cockatoos
- Reptiles, including snakes
Allegiant Airlines Pet Transportation Costs
If you want to carry your pet on Allegiant Airlines, you will have to incur an extra UD$100 as transportation charges. This fee is legitimate for a one-way route for each pet carrier with no more than 2 pets in a carrier.
How Can Airlines Ticket Policy Help You?
Traveling with your pet can be a troublesome experience if you lack proper guidance. You need to obtain the full knowledge of the Allegiant Airlines pet policy before you take this extreme step.
Airlines Ticket Policy provides omnidirectional assistance in the aviation industry. You can join the community to get all your queries answered in the best and satisfactory manner.