American Airlines Pet Policy - Carrying your beloved pet on the American Airlines flight? Make sure you collect a thorough knowledge about the American Airlines pet policy before reservation. All air carriers follow different policies regarding the transportation of animals. You must comply with the airline’s guidelines to ensure a wonderful trip with your faithful friend.
Call Tollfree 1888-974-1691 For American Airlines Pet Policy
American Airlines is the world’s largest air company when measured in terms of fleet size and scheduled passengers carried. It is a major airline based in Fort Worth, Texas, USA. With a colossal international and domestic route network, AA manages over 6800 flights daily to explore nearly 350 destinations across over 50 nations.
Furthermore, American Airlines is also the founding member of the Oneworld alliance, which is the 3rd largest airline alliance worldwide. The carrier promises to serve customers with impeccable travel solutions with nearly 1,30,000 employees as of 2019.
How is the American Airlines Pet Policy?
According to the American Airlines pet policy, your animal can travel through either of the three transportation methods – travel in the passengers’ cabin, checked as baggage, and shipped as cargo.
Further, the company allows only 7 pet carriers on American Airlines flights and 5 kennels on American Eagle flights. Simultaneously, the carrier can also restrict pet-traveling in case the temperature rates above 850 F and below 450 F.
However, you will face no hassle carrying your animal if it fulfills the necessary requisites of the policy. American Airlines loves animals as much as you do and offers the best possible solutions to make them travel with you.
Various Rules Regarding Pet Transport in the passengers’ Cabin
The airline allows only up to 7 pets to travel on the flight. People can carry pets in the passengers’ cabin if they meet the following conditions:
- The minimum age of your pet must be 8 weeks.
- Only dogs and cats are allowed in the cabin.
- Pets aren’t allowed on flights from/to central America, Hawaii, South America or on Transpacific or Transatlantic flights.
- The pet must be contained in an approved carrier specifically made for animals.
- You will have to carry all the necessary health documents for your pet.
- Further, your animal must be able to turn around, stand, and lie down in the kennel comfortably.
- No part of the pet’s body should protrude outside the carrier.
- The airline restricts pets on flights with a flight time of more than 12 hours.
- Pet-traveling is also prohibited on flights from Hawaii, Brazil, Bolivia, Venezuela, Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, and Paraguay.
- Passengers are strictly required to inform the airline in advance that they are carrying a pet.
Various Rules Regarding Pet Transport as Checked Baggage
Your pet is eligible for traveling as checked baggage after adhering to the following guidelines:
- A flyer can travel with 2 checked pets that fulfill the minimum age and health requirements.
- As the capacity is limited, American Airlines accept checked pets on a first-come basis.
- While checking a pet, customers need to approach the reservation at least 48 hours before the travel.
- You also need to submit the health certificate of your pet. It must be issued by the veterinarian within 10 days of your departure time.
- Checked pets can't travel on aircrafts such as A321, A321neo, A321S, A321H, A320, and A319.
- Your flight time shouldn’t exceed 12 hours.
- Your trip doesn’t include a visit to the United Kingdom.
- Pet must remain in the kennel during the whole flight.
- The pet carrier must have a water container with access for filling from the outside.
- Series 700 kennels are prohibited to carry on any American Airlines aircraft.
- Similarly, the airline restricts Series 500 kennels on Boeing MD-80 aircraft.
What are the Kennel Requirements?
The pet carrier or kennel must abide by certain rules and regulations as prescribed by the airline. You should remember that there is a bit different in rules for in-cabin pet kennels and checked baggage pet kennels. Let’s have a look:
- The physical measurement of the in-cabin pet kennel shouldn’t exceed 19 x 13 x 9 inches (L x W x H).
- Similarly, the checked baggage kennel does measure not more than 40 x 27 x 30 inches. Its weight (animal and kennel combined) also doesn’t exceed 100lb.
- The pet carrier should be large enough for the animal to stand up, turn around and lie down in a natural position.
- Further, the kennel must be made of wood, metal, plastic, or any other similar material.
- It must be leak-proof, escape-proof, and well-ventilated.
- Collapsible kennels aren’t accepted due to the risk of collapse during the flight.
- The kennel must be labeled with the words ‘Live Animal’ in at least 1-inch-tall letters on the crate’s top and on at least one side.
American Airlines Pet Transportation Fee
The airline charges the pet transportation fee in the following manners:
In-cabin animals traveling to/from the United States, Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean – US$125 each direction.
Checked baggage animals traveling to/from the United States, Canada, Mexico, Central America, South America, and the Caribbean – US$175 each direction.
NOTE: You can contact the American Airlines reservations at 1-888-974-1691 to know the fee for pets traveling to other destinations in the cabin or as checked baggage.
Airlines Ticket Policy – How is it Beneficial?
The online destination streamlines up-to-date information related to a wide spectrum of air services in the aviation industry. It serves passengers with the latest knowledge on various airlines’ policies such as reservation, flight change/cancel, pet, minor, and many others.
The blog has described the American Airlines pet policy comprehensively. If you still have any dispute on the concern, feel free to hit us at 1-888-974-1691 or firstname.lastname@example.org.