Southwest Airlines Flight Cancellation Policy - With more than 45 years of service in airlines, Southwest Airlines continues with exemplary efforts making it a distinguished member from other air carriers. Due to the easy-to-follow and customer-friendly Southwest Airlines cancellation policies, make this airline company a big success in the United States as the largest domestic air carrier in 2003 and still maintains that ranking based on the U.S. Department of Transportation.
With the top travel experience, Southwest flights impress its customers with affordable pricing on tickets reservation, a hassle-free flight cancel policy. From making reservations to making changes in flight and even cancellation of flight, everything is easy with Southwest flights. In this post, we are going into detail about Southwest Airlines Cancellation Policy.
Call Toll-free 1-866-939-0429 for Southwest Airline flight Cancellation Policy
About Southwest Airlines
Southwest Airlines is a proficient carrier in the aviation orbit of the United States. It reflects an extraordinary approach when it comes to catering to visitors’ modern traveling requirements. The following are various substantial features of the service provider:
- The major air carrier of the USA was born in 1967 as Air Southwest but commenced operations in 1971 as Southwest Airlines.
- The chief business station of the airline is located in Dallas, Texas.
- Furthermore, the massive fleet includes more than 700 (Boeing) aircraft.
- Southwest Airlines is the largest low-cost aviation company in the world.
- It offers exceptional travel solutions across a gigantic route network to connect over 120 destinations throughout the USA and 10 other countries.
- Moreover, the carrier employs nearly 60,000 people to serve clients with better accommodations.
There might be scenarios when one needs to make changes or fully abort their travel plan. This often comes with a huge toll for people who travel in airplanes a lot due to airlines charging a huge fee for the changes made to the flight even before months. Canceling and making changes to the flight can often prove to be a troublesome process. This comes as a relief for Southwest Flights passengers because of its customer-friendly policy of keeping them happy to travel, No chargeable fees on flight cancellation. Southwest Flights allow easy cancellation of tickets but one needs to know of these Cancellation Policies first.
What are the Steps to Cancel a Southwest Flight Reservation?
It is no secret that passengers always search for prominent alternatives and procedures when it comes to canceling air booking. Thankfully, visitors will have no nuisance with Southwest Airlines since they get a greater variety of options to terminate the reservation. Given the trending prospects of digitization, Southwest Airlines strives critically to furnish internet-based methods along with traditional concepts. Ultimately, passengers will not argue while raising the flight cancellation request with Southwest Airlines.
Ticket cancellation with Southwest flights is a simple process. Through the following segments, you’ll have a good piece of knowledge of multiple platforms you can choose from for ticket cancellations. It will illustrate both online and offline procedures to help you select the healthier option. Let’s hop right in!
Southwest Airlines Ticket Cancellation Online
Going digital is fruitful! The internet-driven era stimulates you to opt for web technologies for efficiency, accuracy, and proficiency in the work. Southwest Airlines passengers can trash the booking online using simple steps.
Ticket cancellation with Southwest flights is a simple process. You simply need to follow these easy steps as mentioned below-
- Step 1- Fire up your browser and go to Southwest.com then click ‘Flight’ in the header and tap or click the ‘Manage Reservation’ tab.
- Step 2- Enter your Confirmation Number, First name, and Last name of a Passenger with a reservation on the ‘Retrieve Air Reservation’ page to pull up your reservation details.
- Step 3- You can then see your reservation on the “Your Reservation Details” page. Look for the Cancel link on the line which includes your Confirmation number. Then click the link to review your cancellation details.
- Step 4- If you only have available non-refundable points, the option to Hold for future use can only be seen then. After that, click on the Cancel flight button to cancel the reservation for passengers as per your choice.
- Step 5- If you have any refundable funds available, you will see the only option called "Refundable". You can then either request a refund or Hold for future use as a Travel Fund. Click on the "Cancel flight" option to cancel the reservation for passengers as per your wish.
The steps listed above will help you to easily cancel your flight. Once your cancellation is confirmed by Airlines, the refund amount will reflect in your account as a credit for later use. Further, refunds in credit cards may take up to two billing cycles to appear on the statement.
Southwest Airlines Ticket Cancellation Offline
Additionally, the American service provider also discloses some offline systems for users in need. It includes:
- Airport Ticket Counter
- Customer Helpdesk Number (1-866-939-0429)
Southwest Airlines Cancel Flight Policy 2022
Southwest Airline is one of the most reliable airlines in the United States. With the comfortable travel experience to passengers, Southwest flights are popular among people for their policies. Automatically, they have also an easy cancellation policy. Southwest went so far as forsaking any difference in fares when changing and even canceling flights. But one has to watch for their strict policy of “No- Show policy”.
You do still need to actually CANCEL your flight if not planning to travel. The Southwest no-show policy states that if you just don’t show up to the airport, your funds will NOT be refunded. Southwest flight cancel policy applies to all fare types, though the Southwest cancel flight policy is even more liberal with the more expensive Business Select or Anytime flights. For those, the Southwest flights refund policy allows passengers to get a full refund back on their credit card (or Rapid Rewards points balance).
What is Southwest Flight Refund Policy?
The Southwest Airlines refund policy can be broken into smaller and simpler parts are follow-
- Fares booked with points - On cancellation of a flight booked with points, the remaining point balance will be refunded to the account from which it was booked. Any further taxes and fees will be eligible for a refund.
- EarlyBird Check-In® Refundability - All EarlyBird Check-In purchases do not amount to any refund. Customers who cancel their flight will have to leave the funds they used to purchase EarlyBird Check-In. In the event of canceling a flight from the airline's side, it will refund the cost of any EarlyBird Check-Ins purchased.
Also, the popular Wanna Get Away fares are reusable but not refundable, thus can only be used by the original ticketed Passenger. Travel Funds associated with your Wanna Get Away fare can be used for future travel as long as you:
- Cancel the reservation in compliance with our No Show Policy (i.e., at least 10 minutes prior to departure).
- Complete the air travel within one year of the original date you purchased your ticket.
Additional information to refund policy-
The fare types- Business Select and Anytime fares are refundable; Wanna Get Away fares are only reusable.
Unused, refundable tickets carrying no restrictions can be applied for future travel or refunded within one year from the date of the issue.
All eligible refunds are returned to the customer according to their original form of payment for flight reservations.
Southwest Airlines Refunds Department normally processes an eligible refund to the original credit/debit card within seven business days from the date they receive the cancellation request. The card-issuing bank may then take up to ten business days to reflect the refund as a credit to the account.
Why Choose Airlines Ticket Policy?
For the latest policies and day-to-day updates on the aviation industry, Airlines Ticket Policy is your go-to website, source portal. We aim to fully inform our readers with the most accurate and latest news from the leading airlines in the US. We are pleased to solve all your queries related to change policy, Name Correction policy, UNMR policy, Pet policy, frequent flyer policy, baggage policy, etc. With a 24*7 customer support center, we aim to be high of service to all our customers. For any doubts and questions related to Southwest Airlines Flight Cancellation policies, feel free to call us on- 888-974-1691 or drop your mail at - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most searched keywords
You can consider online or offline channels, including the official website, customer support number or airport ticket counter to cancel the Southwest Airlines ticket.
Using the official web portal of the carrier is the top alternative to cancel the Southwest flight.
Yes,you can raise the flight cancellation request for free and collect a full refund within 24 hours after the purchase.
Yes, aspirants can dial the toll-free customer support number 1-866-939-0429 to cancel the flight with Southwest Airlines.