Spirit Airlines Minor Unaccompanied Policy - Travel on a flight with children can create a fuss at the airport when you don’t know about the policies and regulations followed by airlines. Airlines have many restrictions on children flying on airplanes. These are to safeguard the children from any kind of child abduction. But ever wonder how the children take flights then when they need to cover large distances? Here, you will get a better understanding of the travel of children on Spirit Airlines flight by reading Spirit Airlines Minor Policy.
If you want to send your minor on a trip alone, the best airlines are Spirit Airlines. They are the most preferred airlines when it comes to cost, management, and comfort, and for those minors who want to experience the country on their own or are traveling for any other reason where no one can accompany them. Spirit Airlines has the best hospitality and they also provide services for unaccompanied minors.
For more information on Spirit Airlines minor policy, Contact the Airlines Ticket Policy customer support helpline at +1-866-939-0429 (toll-free).
Call Toll-free 1-866-939-0429 for Spirit Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy
Spirit Airlines is one of the best budget air carriers in the USA for domestic travels in the states and even the US Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico. These budget airlines ensure the safety of the passengers especially if they are minors (children). This airline offers ultralow airfares on travels within the USA. Spirit Airlines has headquartered in Miramar, Florida. The focus of Spirit Airline is less money, more go! It came to be one of the low-cost air carriers as it began charging fees for additional services beyond the airfare.
Spirit Travel Policy for Minors
Spirit Airlines allows children often called as unaccompanied minors in legal terms. They are allowed to travel on domestic flights including the Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico. No minor is allowed to travel in international flights, connecting flights, or domestic flights that include a schedule change of flight.
Age restrictions for Minors
- Children under 4 years of age are restricted to travel on Spirit Airline plane without the company of at least 15 years old person on the same flight and same class of air tickets.
- Children from 5 years to 14 years of age are eligible to travel the domestic destinations by boarding the Spirit Airlines flight. The tickets must be booked online for minor and the unaccompanied minor service must opt-in in case the child wants to travel alone.
- Children of 15 years age or more can travel alone without any restriction on Spirit Airlines flight. They can also avail of the unaccompanied minor service and thus restrictions are applicable then as per the policy.
Documents to be carried - Passenger must present the travel documents of all children regardless of age. These documents include a valid passport proving citizenship and visas. Also to prevent child abduction, the airlines might require proof of the relationship between the minor and the person accompanying him/her in flight.
The service of the travel of Unaccompanied Minors can be availed by calling the Spirit Airlines reservations. Unaccompanied Minors are only allowed on direct flights that do not require a change of flight.
Unaccompanied Minor Service by Spirit Airlines
Flights can be booked online, minor must be having confirmed reservations. Spirit has the right to refuse travel of unaccompanied minors in case the flight is expected to be terminate short or bypass the destination, due to bad weather or other technical difficulties. Check-in for minors is to be done only at the airport.
Unaccompanied Minor service fee- Spirit airline charge a service fee of 100 USD per child in one way. This service also includes a free snack and a drink. Applicable to a child aged 5 to 14 years.
Drop-off and Pick-up
The responsible adult or guardian is must bring the unaccompanied minor to the airport. Minor is then requested to check-in at the reservation counter and must fill the form by someone with a photo ID. The customer service agent will then review the information provided like the name and phone of the parent or responsible person that will meet the child on arrival. The same is noted on a card and then placed as a pass around the neck of unaccompanied minors to be worn throughout the flight.
On arrival at the destination, the flight attendant will take the unaccompanied minor for pick up by the person designated on the unaccompanied minor service form. Spirit requires the person responsible for pick up to present a photo ID to the spirit airline employee.
Once permitted to drop the minor at the airport, the responsible adult or parent must avail of a gate pass from the reservation counter at the airport that allows the person to accompany the minor to the gate. Electronic gate passes are only made available to the person who requires assistance or for leading an Unaccompanied Minor to the gate. The Unaccompanied Minor should do the check-in at the boarding gate at least 60 minutes before flight departure. The person dropping off the unaccompanied minor must escort the child to the gate and stay there for at least 15 minutes after the departure of the flight.
Unaccompanied minors when arriving too late for pre-board the flight, then they are allowed to enter the flight at last position so that flight attendants can easily identify them. Minors traveling alone are pre-boarded and identified as the unaccompanied minor.
Different Methods of Booking Unaccompanied Minor Service
Booking of unaccompanied minors service online
Spirit Airlines has provided different ways by which one can book tickets for unaccompanied minors. We will have a look at them and see the steps which must be followed to make the bookings.
- The first step would be to visit the official website of the spirit airlines.
- The next step is to look for the options where you can add your child’s information.
- You can select the number of minors who are traveling.
- Enter all the necessary details you will be asked to enter like Date of Birth and others and press enter.
- An extra fee will be required in case of unaccompanied minors.
- You have to pay the amount which they will ask you to pay.
- The fees will be per passenger.
- Once you paid the fees it will be done.
- Follow all the instructions carefully.
For more information on Spirit Airlines' minor policy Contact the Airlines Ticket Policy customer support helpline at +1-866-939-0429 (toll-free)
Booking of unaccompanied minors service offline
Everyone is not familiar with computers or new technologies so if online is not the platform you like then Spirit Airlines has also provided an offline method for booking the services.
- The first step is to call the customer helpline number of Spirit Airlines.
- Call at +1-866-939-0429 (toll-free)
- When a representative picks it up, tell them about the service you want to avail.
- Tell them about the unaccompanied minor service you want to avail.
- Give them the necessary documents and other things that are required for UMNR booking.
- If you want to make any other additional service you can tell them.
- Pay the required amount for the services and your booking will be confirmed.
Why choose airline ticket policy?
We bring you only reliable and accurate information on policies of airlines, updates on air travel regulations. We offer expertise and guidance to clients with any sort of confusion about managing flights, booking tickets. Our customer support helpdesk is available 24/7 to resolve your problems. The straight to point and easy language makes the customer understand the piece of information they are searching for. We present the different policies of different airlines including Pet policy, UNMR policy, name correction, flight change, flight cancel policy.
For more information on the Spirit Airlines baggage policy and minor policy, reach us at 1-866-939-0429.