United Unaccompanied Minor Policy - Traveling with children is awesome. If you’re thinking of registering for a United flight with kids, here’s the full guide for you. In this dedicated piece, you will learn all about the United Unaccompanied minor policy to prevent woes and doubts extensively.
Call Toll-free 1-866-939-0429 for United Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy
It is always an exciting moment to travel with children. However, it is also unpredictable to carry on with the journey flawlessly. United is committed to making your trip comfortable and blissful for the whole family. It suggests passengers review United flight policies concerning kids and infants before boarding a flight. You will get to enjoy a journey as safe and smooth as possible.
United flights comes to be among the low-cost carriers based in the United States of America. It started operations in 1931 and now the company has emerged as the top-class airline in the USA.
Further, the air carrier operates a large trap of domestic and international flights across the United States and 6 other continents. In terms of fleet size and the number of routes, it is the 3rd largest airline worldwide. It traces its headquarters at Wills Tower in Chicago, Illinois.
About United Unaccompanied Minor Policy
United promises its clientele to serve them with world-class travel facilities at the lowest possible costs. As far as the United minor policy is concerned, you will again have remarkable support from the carrier side.
It compiles different laws and regulations for children's transport under versatile scenarios. The in-hand guide is to dwell on various fronts falling under the minor policy of the airline. Let’s proceed ahead to learn comprehensive details about the same.
Major Highlights of the United Unaccompanied Minor Policy
- Children aged 5 years or less aren’t allowed to board a flight alone. They need to be accompanied by an adult of at least 18 years.
- Further, children aged 5 to 14 (including) can travel alone as Unaccompanied Minors. It is mandatory to opt for the unaccompanied Minor Service.
- Children aged between 15 to 17 (including) can't avail of the Unaccompanied Minor Service. They can travel alone on any United or United Express flight.
- In case two or more kids travel together, the restrictive policies will apply. For instance, when 10-year and 16-year kids travel together, the younger is still considered as an Unaccompanied Minor.
- You can book a flight for your child via online or offline methods. Your child will get a seat where they can get proper attention from the flight attendant.
- Children aged between 5 to 15 can travel only on nonstop United flights.
- Similarly, they’re not allowed to travel on connecting flights. They may also catch the last nonstop flight of the day.
- The airline also imposes some fees when you hire the unaccompanied Minor Service.
What is United Unaccompanied Minor Service?
Younger kids traveling alone (without a parent or legal guardian) are signified as Unaccompanied Minors. United has an Unaccompanied Minor Service for such minors who are traveling alone. It is to ensure the maximum safety of solo kids.
Through this service, the airline makes sure that your child is boarded the flight, introduced to and assisted by the flight attendant, and handed over to the appropriate person upon reaching the destination.
Furthermore, the UMS is compulsory for kids aged 5 to 15 traveling alone. However, children aged 16 or older will travel as unaccompanied minors. Similarly, the carrier doesn’t allow kids below 5 to travel without an adult.
United Unaccompanied Minor Service Fee
Well, the airline charges unaccompanied minors US$150 per kid each way. But the good news is that two kids traveling together will bear the single (US$150) in each direction.
Similarly, up to 4 kids and 6 kids traveling together will bear the service fee for each direction as US$300 and US$450, respectively. You can pay the fee at the reservation time or at the airport during check-in before departure.
In case you need more info on this concern, kindly dial 1-866-939-0429. You can talk to the airline representatives to discuss your trouble 24x7.
How Can You Book a United Flight for Your Child?
United offers a couple of ways for passengers to reserve a flight for children – Online and Offline.
Under the online procedure, you can visit the united.com website to select the advanced search option. Now, enter the number of adults as 0. Further, you can select the number of kids traveling in each age range.
As per the offline method, you can call the United customer care executive at 1-866-939-0429. Remember, you will have to pay an additional US$25 as booking service charges while making reservations via a call center.
United Infant Policy
- Passengers traveling with an infant (up to 24 months) don’t need to book a separate seat. They can travel with an infant on their lap. But visitors must need to inform the airline that they’ll be traveling with an infant on their lap.
- While traveling domestically, an infant under 24 months can travel for free (or nominal charges) in the adult passenger’s lap.
- But in case you’re migrating internationally, a child under 2 years is usually charged 10% of an adult passenger fare plus taxes.
- However, infants will pay only the tax amount when they are traveling between the USA and Canada only.
- Customers will have to buy a ticket for an infant for any flight when the infant will be over 2 years during the flight.
- Furthermore, passengers will be given an approved infant car seat on the flight during the booking. It must be an FAA-approved child safety seat device.
Airlines Ticket Policy: An Ultimate Destination for Air Travel Disputes
Airlines Ticket Policy provides readers with authenticated and up-to-date knowledge concerning the aviation industry. You can contact our industry expert to get an appropriate guide against versatile issues.
You will get a thorough knowledge about United minor policy, baggage, policy, reservation, flight change/cancellation, name change/correction, or any other matter. Our customer care number (1-866-939-0429) is active to accept queries around the clock.
In today's fast-paced world, air travel has become a common mode of transportation for people of all ages. However, when it comes to young travelers, particularly unaccompanied minors, airlines like United Airlines recognize the need for special care and attention. This article will delve into United Airlines' Unaccompanied Minor Policy, outlining the essential information parents and guardians should know to ensure a safe and stress-free journey for their children.
Understanding Unaccompanied Minors
Before we delve into the details of United Airlines' policy, let's understand who unaccompanied minors are and why their travel requires specific guidelines.
What are Unaccompanied Minors?
Unaccompanied minors are children who travel alone without a parent or legal guardian on the same flight. This can include young travelers flying to visit family members, attending summer camps, or relocating for various reasons.
Why Special Policies?
The airline industry acknowledges that young flyers may need extra assistance and supervision during their journey. Special policies and procedures are put in place to ensure their safety, comfort, and a smooth travel experience.
United Airlines' Commitment to Young Travelers
United Airlines is committed to providing a safe and pleasant experience for unaccompanied minors. Let's explore the key aspects of their Unaccompanied Minor Policy.
United Airlines accepts unaccompanied minors between the ages of 5 and 17. However, specific guidelines apply to different age groups within this range.
• Children aged 5 to 11: These young travelers are classified as "young unaccompanied minors" and receive special attention throughout their journey.
• Youth aged 12 to 17: Older unaccompanied minors enjoy more independence but are still under the airline's care.
United Airlines prioritizes the safety of young travelers. Security personnel will verify the child's identity and ensure that the designated guardian is authorized for pickup at the destination.
United Airlines' Unaccompanied Minor Policy is a testament to the airline's commitment to safety and customer satisfaction. Traveling alone can be a daunting experience for young flyers, but United Airlines' policies and dedicated staff make it a seamless and secure journey for all unaccompanied minors.
Now that you're well-informed about United Airlines' Unaccompanied Minor Policy, you can book your child's flight with confidence, knowing that they'll be in safe hands from check-in to arrival.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques 1) What is the age range for unaccompanied minors on United Airlines?
Ans 1) Unaccompanied minors on United Airlines are typically aged between 5 and 17, with specific guidelines for different age groups within this range.
Ques 2) Are there additional fees for booking unaccompanied minors on United Airlines?
Ans 2) Yes, there are additional fees to cover the airline's supervision and assistance services for unaccompanied minors.
Ques 3) What forms do I need to complete when booking a flight for an unaccompanied minor?
Ans 3) Parents or guardians must complete required forms providing information about the child's travel and the designated pickup person at the destination.
Ques 4) How does United Airlines ensure the safety of unaccompanied minors during the flight?
Ans 4) Cabin crew members provide special attention, assisting with seating, meals, and ensuring the child's comfort and well-being throughout the flight.
Ques 5) Who can pick up an unaccompanied minor upon arrival at the destination?
Ans 5) Only individuals authorized by the parents or guardians are allowed to collect the child, ensuring the child's safety and security.