United Airlines Pet Policy - Animals are lovable creations of nature. Pet lovers never wish to spend even a single day without their beloved pets. What if you need to migrate to another city via a flight? You can't travel on any airline with your pets without knowing the carrier’s pet policy. This is to explain the United Airlines pet policy to let you know various terms and conditions concerning the matter.
Call Tollfree 1888-974-1691 For United Airlines Pet Policy
United Airlines is one of the major air carriers in the United States of America. It is the founding member of the world’s largest airline alliance, the Star Alliance. Headquartered at Willis in Chicago, the airline operates over 5000 flights per day across 376 airports on 6 continents. Overall, it is the 3rd largest air company in the USA.
What is the United Airlines Pet Policy?
United’s policy designed specifically for pets and animals’ transportation is known as PetSafe. The airline understands the importance of pets for your family and allows you to travel along with your pet on the flight.
Whenever you wish to board your flight with your dog or cat, the PetSafe policy comes into play. It ensures your pet travels safely and comfortably from the source to the destination. In case your pet can't travel in the same cabin, the policy allows you to transport them to nearly 300 destinations. United loves animals as much as you do and promises to deliver dedicated care throughout the journey
Furthermore, United considers your pet’s safety as the top priority. It will load your pet onboard the plane before departure. Your pet will feel comfortable in a climate-controlled pressurized compartment.
Similarly, the airline staff will unload your pet first to alleviate their stress. They will be kept in a safe place if they have a connection time. Your cat/dog could stay at the airline’s terminal, an on-site kennel, or off-site facility before moving towards the trip’s next phase.
If you still develop any query, you're always welcomed at 1-888-974-1691 around the clock.
United Airlines In-Cabin Pet Policy
United follows a clear-cut policy regarding transporting pets in different apartments. In-cabin pets are those that can adjust in the travel carrier below the seat in front of you. However, the airline doesn’t allow every breed to travel in the passenger’s cabin, for example, Pit Bull.
Furthermore, animals can't travel on flights from/to or through Hawaii and some other international cities. They are allowed to travel on only some selected United flights.
In-Cabin Pets: Essential Requirements
Though animals are crucial members of your family, you must comply with the following rules to keep pets and other passengers safe:
- Animals (puppies and kittens) must be minimum of 8 weeks old.
- Further, unaccompanied minors can't take pets with them on the flight.
- Cats and dogs must need to be fully-weaned.
- Your trip shouldn’t include stations like Hawaii or Guam.
- Your pet should be comfortable in a kennel under the seat throughout the journey.
- Moreover, the kennel must be specifically built for animal transportation. It must fit under the seat.
- You must have all the essential health documents of your pet.
- Your pet must be flying on the same aircraft.
- Oxygen service won’t be available for animals in case of emergency.
- Passengers need to bring a health certificate as well as proof of the pet’s latest rabies vaccine while traveling within the continental US.
- You aren’t allowed to travel within 30 days of your pet’s rabies vaccine.
United Airlines Pet Carrier and kennel Requirements
A pet flying in passengers’ cabin must be kept in a kennel with hard or soft sides as per approvals. The pet kennel must be built according to specified dimensions to fit completely under the seat in front of you. The physical measurement of the kennel must not exceed the following parameters:
- Hard-sided kennel: 17.5 x 12 x 7.5 inches (44 x 30 x 19 cm) (length x width x height).
- Soft-sided kennel: 18 x 11 x 11 inches (46 x 28 x 28 cm) (length x width x height).
NOTE: Soft-sided pet carriers can measure slightly over these dimensions as they are pressable and able to fit underneath the seat.
In addition to the size and weight requirements, your pet kennel must meet the following requisites:
- It must be leak-proof and escape-proof.
- Only one pet is allowed in a single carrier.
- Further, your animal must be able to stand up and turn around comfortably.
- It should be made of wood, metal, plastic or another hard composite.
- It should have functional handles to prevent any direct contact with the animal.
- The kennel must portray words such as ‘Live Animal’ on the top and on at least one side.
- Likewise, the carrier must be properly ventilated to ease the pet inside.
- No part of the animal should protrude outside of the kennel.
- It must be closed securely but not locked.
- United Airlines Pet Transportation Fee
The air carrier charges passengers US$125 each way as a service fee for pet transportation in the passengers’ cabin. In case you want to bring an additional pet, you will have to buy an extra ticket and pay an additional US$125 for each direction.
Airlines Ticket Policy: A Prominent Knowledge Station for Air Travelers
Traveling with a pet can be troublesome if you don’t know the airline’s guidelines on the subject. Airlines Ticket Policy serves as a bridge between readers and different carriers’ policies. You come to learn United Airlines pet policy, and up-to-date information from across various other disciplines.
Furthermore, visitors can seek immediate help at 1-888-974-1691 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Our industry experts are active 24x7 to welcome your queries, regardless of topic and region.