Aer Lingus Name Correction Policy – Having a correct name on the air ticket is necessary for further advancement. If you're dealing with Aer Lingus and have received an incorrect name on the ticket, this is the guide for you! It is a deep analysis of the Aer Lingus name change/correction policy to uncover various hidden rules and guidelines necessary for a customer. Alternatively, one can also grab the updated details at the toll-free customer support number 1888-474-0163.
About Aer Lingus
Established in 1936, Aer Lingus is a renowned aviation company based in Ireland. It is a flag carrier and transportation service provider that is now the subsidiary of International Airlines Group. Earlier, Aer Lingus was also a member of the Oneworld Alliance but it left the alliance in 2007. Further, the head office of the carrier is situated at Dublin Airport, Ireland. With a fleet of more than 50 Airbus aircraft, the aviation company serves passengers across over 90 destinations in Asia, Europe, and North America.
Significance of Name Corrections on Air Tickets
The airline industry is all about rules. Travelers do need to be well familiar with industry regulations, especially the airline they are flying with. During the reservation, many of us get excited and enter the wrong name and other flight details in the reservation form. They realize the mistake later after receiving the same data printed on the PNR.
According to aviation laws, your name on the ticket, the government-issued ID, passport, and other relevant documents must be identical. It should comprise the same characters across all documents. The difference of even a single letter may pose trouble for the itinerary that can also result in flight cancellations. Therefore, it is of extreme importance to revise your name details before departure if they are misspelled.
Aer Lingus Name Change Policy: Everything Visitors Need to Know
Indubitably, Aer Lingus is a proficient aviation service provider from Ireland. It endeavors compassionately to encompass professional travel solutions in the aviation circuit. All of the policies and services are designed by keeping passengers on the center stage. Among others, Aer Lingus brings a customer-friendly name correction policy that is specifically designed as per the modern-age customers’ needs.
The name change policy of the airline states simple processes and assumptions for clients who want to modify the name details on their own. It is a comprehensive package of essential guidelines and legalities Aer Lingus passengers need to comply with before raising the name change request. Underneath, here’re some crucial pointers you should keep in mind:
- Aer Lingus visitors do require rectifying errors in the name to board the flight legitimately.
- The specific policy appeals to customers to ensure the name on the ticket and valid ID to be identical.
- However, it is alright with the airline if your name doesn’t contain a middle name (names).
- Further, travelers can make name corrections using online as well as offline channels.
- Make sure to submit a legal document for name changes due to marriage or divorce.
- The Aer Lingus name change/correction policy applies to tickets obtained with the official website, customer service number, or the ticket counter.
- Therefore, it doesn’t cover the tickets purchased via third-party agents. People can approach the respective agent for name corrections.
- Moreover, the facility of name change is available up to 2 hours before departure.
How to Modify the Name on the Aer Lingus Ticket?
Since Aer Lingus desires to be admired for delivering exceptional travel solutions, it proposes numerous platforms for name corrections. Aspirants can rectify the name on the ticket via;
Undermentioned is the description of both scenarios.
Aer Lingus Change Name Online
- Explore the official web portal of the airline – aerlingus.com.
- Now, head towards the ‘Manage my Trip’ section and enter the 6-digit booking reference number and last name.
- Next, you can select the booking from the retrieved list of bookings.
- Proceed as per on-screen instructions to remove errors from the name.
- Make sure to cross-check the newly entered details before the final submission.
- Now, you’ll have to pay the service fee if applicable and complete the process.
- Aer Lingus, in the end, will share a confirmation mail.
Aer Lingus Change Name Offline
Some people find web technologies to intricate the procedures. That’s why the Irish carrier accepts name change requests via some traditional methods as well. One can switch to any of the following alternatives for offline name corrections:
- Name Corrections at the Airport Ticket Counter
- Name Corrections via the Customer Helpdesk Number (1888-474-0163)
Aer Lingus Name Correction Fee
Of course, changing the name on the Aer Lingus ticket is a cost-driven affair. The airline charges customers US$157 (EUR 100/GBP 80) (per ticket). However, the name change fee is subject to vary as per certain factors i.e. the destination, fare type and the time of the request, etc. Well, the best move is to consult experts at 1888-474-0163 or visit the official website to learn the latest fee figures.
Aer Lingus Name Change Policy – FAQs
Ques 1) How to change the name on the Aer Lingus booking?
Ans 1) Aer Lingus visitors can make name modifications using the official web portal, at the airport ticket counter, or via phone call.
Ques 2) Do I need to add a middle name on the Aer Lingus ticket?
Ans 2) No, if your name on the ticket doesn’t include a middle name, you don’t need to make corrections for the same.
Ques 3) What is the fee to alter the name with Aer Lingus?
Ans 3) Usually, the airline demands US$157 as a service fee for conducting name changes on the ticket.
Why Choose Airlines Ticket Policy?
Airlines Ticket Policy endeavors professionally in the aviation sector to bring all-encompassing solutions for visitors. Enthusiast travelers are likely to contain the best flight deals and other crucial information on the digital platform. Furthermore, Airlines Ticket Policy is a group of passionate people who serve flyers with the latest insights, updates, and developments from the aviation zone. Also, you can collect more views on the Aer Lingus name correction policy at 1888-474-0163.