Air Asia Name Correction Policy – Air commuters can make name corrections if they are dealing with Air Asia. The Malaysian airline provides the freedom to amend the ticket details before departure. In case you have the wrong name on the Air Asia ticket, simply explore the Air Asia name change policy to execute the process without hassles. Moreover, you can also capture the latest views at 1888-474-0163 (toll-free).
About Air Asia
Established in 1993, Air Asia is the largest aviation company in Malaysia. The low-cost carrier brings marvelous travel solutions for enthusiast clients who want to explore global destinations affordably. The head office of the multinational transporter is situated in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. When we measure it in terms of destinations and fleet size, Air Asia is the largest service provider in the country. It encompasses more than 250 Airbus aircraft to help visitors reach over 165 destinations across 25 nations.
Air Asia Name Correction Policy –Bringing Flexibility and Affordability Together
It is no surprise when we find someone creating mistakes in the reservation form. On several occasions, people enter the wrong details during the booking time. It may happen in the form of an incorrect name, wrong destination& flight date, and many other prospects. The in-hand blog is to emphasize the scenario of the wrong name on the PNR with Air Asia.
Well, it can be troublesome to have a misspelled name on the air ticket. Let’s check – how?
- Your trip is likely to be treated as illegal with errors in the name.
- It is against the guidelines as prescribed by the US Department of Transportation in the aviation sector.
- To board the flight, your name must reflect similar letters on the ticket, passport, and other relevant documents.
- Also, a passenger may have to wait at the airport for uncertain hours before resolving the issue.
Thankfully, Air Asia understands customers’ woes and presents reliable solutions for them. Visitors can raise the name change/correct request as per rules to be legitimate travelers.
Major Guidelines –
For that purpose, Air Asia proposes a customer-oriented name correction policy with having the following key pointers:
- Air Asia permits visitors to make name corrections before departure as per the given rules.
- Travelers can modify the name up to 48 hours prior to the departure time.
- In case you have a Business Class ticket, you can amend the name up to 4 hours before departure.
- Furthermore, there may be a specific fee that a customer will have to pay under certain circumstances.
- Gladly, Air Asia customers can perform name corrections free of cost within 24 hours after the purchase.
- Remember, Air Asia allows people to make minor name corrections free of cost up to 4 characters only.
- Air Asia doesn’t permit ticket transfer to another person’s name.
- The name can be changed conveniently by submitting a legal document if it is changed after marriage/divorce.
- Anyone can raise the name change request using online or offline platforms.
- Clients can alter the name only when they have tickets obtained from authorized channels.
- In the event, you have purchased the ticket from a third-party agent; you need to connect with the respective agency for name corrections.
How to Correct the Name on the Air Asia Ticket?
With a view to keep passengers in their comfort zone, Air Asia strikes awesomely and brings multiple ways to alter the booking details. One can simply get along with either online or offline procedures to make a difference.
Air Asia Change Name Online
- Visit airasia.com.
- Explore the ‘My Booking’ section and enter your BIG Member login credentials.
- Further, a user will provide the last name and booking confirmation code number to retrieve the bookings.
- Next, you can select the flight to make required changes using relevant options.
- Make sure you enter the right name details as depicted on your passport and government-issued ID.
- Now is the time to pay some service fee if applicable.
- In the end, Air Asia will approach you via confirmation mail.
Air Asia Change Name Offline
Looking forward to exploring traditional methods? Here’s the solution! Air Asia passengers can execute any of the undermentioned scenarios to make name corrections on the PNR:
Air Asia Name Correction Fee
There’re several occasions to fluctuate the service fee for name corrections/changes. For instance, people can remove minor errors free of cost. But there is a certain penalty for making name corrections under circumstances otherwise. Normally, Air Asia imposes US$200 as a name change fee per ticket per segment. However, you should consult officials at 1888-474-0163 to gain the latest fee updates.
Air Asia Name Correction Policy – FAQs
Ques 1) Can I change my name on the Air Asia ticket?
Ans 1) Yes, Air Asia passengers can modify the name on the ticket up to a few characters only.
Ques 2) How to make name corrections online with Air Asia?
Ans 2) One can navigate airasia.com to make changes online.
Ques 3) What if my name is changed after marriage?
Ans 3) In that case, you need to submit a relevant document to support your name change request.
Why Choose Airlines Ticket Policy?
Airlines Ticket Policy imparts the latest updates and knowledge from the aviation domain. Visitors will get professional assistance regarding various matters, policies, and regulations of different air carriers. Moreover, individuals can also learn more insights into the Air Asia name correction policy at 1888-474-0163.