WestJet Airlines Name Correction/Change Policy – Booked a ticket with an incorrect name WestJet Airlines? Here’s a delight for you! You can modify the name on the ticket by following the WestJet Airlines name change policy. Since the Canadian airline takes care of its passengers with priority, you become eligible to entertain flexible services and policies. The toll-free number 1-866-939-0429 is also available in the service of visitors who need in-depth insights.
About WestJet Airlines
After Air Canada, WestJet Airlines is the 2nd largest aviation company in Canada. It came into existence in 1994 but started operations in 1996. The low-cost carrier strikes professionally with scheduled and charter air services throughout more than 100 locations globally. You can explore destinations in the United States, Canada, Europe, the Caribbean, Central America, and Mexico. Based in Calgary, Alberta, WestJet Airlines hosts around 110 aircraft in the fleet.
Name Corrections on the Air Ticket: What the Affair is All About?
As the term indicates explicitly, it is the process of correcting the name on an air ticket. There’re times when a passenger commits a mistake during the reservation and enters wrong name spellings. It happens in excitement or when the traveler is a bit careless about the procedures. But the incident, on most occasions, proves to be a serious concern for a visitor that can even result in flight cancellations.
WestJet Middle Name on Ticket
A passenger occasionally might inquire about the necessity of the middle name listed on the trip ticket. You can easily add your middle name to the airplane ticket if you so like. Otherwise, WestJet may have issues with tickets without middle names since they are not required.
You can utilize the name correction or modify the policy if you are aware that you added your middle name and wish to make changes for some reason. However, for easy boarding, a tourist must correctly enter both first and last names.
Getting your name on the PNR in the right style is necessary to proceed further. According to the DoT rules, an air traveler’s name on the ticket must be identical to that on the passport and the government-issued ID. The difference of even a single character may lead to ticket cancellation as it puts your journey against the law. Therefore, it is abundantly important to revise the ticket name details before boarding the flight to prevent unnecessary discomforts.
Is it allowed?
Thankfully, most airlines from across the global aviation industry allow their customers to amend the booking details if necessary, including the name change. They manifest customer-friendly policies to let commuters modify the name to remove errors. Hence, you can abide by the respective policy of the airline you're traveling with to have a legitimate trip.
WestJet Airlines Name Correction Policy: What is the Airline’s Approach?
WestJet Airlines has derived great prominence in the aviation domain worldwide. The Canada-based air transporter looks forward to delivering unmatchable traveling services by implementing the world-standard parameters. Concerning the name change policy, the airline considers it as an opportunity to show agility, professionalism, and excellence in the corporate world. By allowing customers for name corrections, WestJet Airlines establishes reliable service protocols and appreciable milestones to be in the driver’s seat.
As per the respective policy, WestJet permits its honorable clients to conduct essential name changes in the PNR. You can get along with a flexible procedure to achieve the same objective without incurring troubles. Underneath, here’re some crucial pointers about the policy you should analyze:
- The WestJet Airlines name change policy allows visitors to correct the misspelled name on the ticket.
- The carrier allows customers to conduct name changes up to 2 hours before departure.
- This service is available for fare types, except for basic fare.
- The policy applies free of cost if you make corrections within 24 hours of booking.
- Further, only minor changes (up to 3 characters) are permissible.
- A WestJet passenger can choose either online or offline platforms to make name corrections.
- When a visitor’s name is changed after marriage/divorce, he/she can modify it free of cost by submitting a relevant document.
- Moreover, WestJet clients can opt for customer service for immediate assistance.
WestJet Airlines Name Correction Fee
Of course, the tricky question might be infuriating you! Whenever an air traveler needs to modify the ticket details, the service charges would definitely be a major concern. The Canadian service provider comes with a plausible policy as it is free to make name corrections under specific (within 24 hours of booking) conditions.
However, people may have to pay some fees that range between US$80 to US$170.It depends on the fare type, destination, and other factors. Thus, it is beneficial to explore the official website or talk to experts (1-866-939-0429) to capture the latest fee details.
How to Make Name Corrections with WestJet Airlines?
Do you really need to change your name on the WestJet Airlines ticket? Here’s something vital for you to know. This section describes multiple methods by which you can raise the name change request legitimately. Let’s have a look without any further ado.
WestJet Airlines Name Change Online
- The digital method starts by visiting the official website – westjet.com.
- On the homepage, you will see the ‘My Bookings’ tab in the main menu. Click on the ‘Manage Flights’ option in the dropdown.
- Now, enter the necessary details in the given boxes – the reservation code and last name as mentioned on the ticket.
- The next page will show you the list of bookings once you hit the ‘Search’ button.
- Choose the relevant booking to make the required changes.
- Make sure you double-check the new details before submitting the application.
- Next, you will have to pay the service fee if eligible.
- Finally, WestJet Airlines will send you the new ticket details via mail/SMS.
WestJet Airlines Name Change by Sending the Mail
These days, email is a common tool. Additionally, sending mail can be a practical solution for many passengers. For the WestJet name change on the ticket, emailing the airline can be helpful. You must go to the airline's official website to find the email address of the company. You can also email the airline to ask your question regarding changing the name on the ticket. The steps listed below can be used to change your information on mail:
- You must visit the operator's official website as your initial step.
- You can find the "Contact Us" option if you scroll down the website. Click it.
- The "Email Us" option may be located on the "Contact Us" page, which you can access. Choose that function.
- You can enter your information here to update or correct your name. Your personal information and travel information will also be included in the details.
- You must select the "I'm not a robot" checkbox once you have filled out all the relevant fields.
- After that, click "Submit" to send the letter to the airline.
- You might soon receive an email from the carrier confirming the name change or adjustment made in accordance with WestJet's name change policy.
WestJet Airlines Name Change Offline
Well, WestJet passengers can also opt for traditional methods to accomplish the same purpose. Various alternatives are available as below:
WestJet Airlines Name Change Policy – FAQs
Ques 1) How to change the name with WestJet Airlines?
Ans 1) The name can be changed via the official website, airport ticket counter, or through the customer support number.
Ques 2) Can I make name corrections online with WestJet Airlines?
Ans 2) Yes. You can process the online procedure through the official web portal of the carrier.
Ques 3) Is it free to correct the name on the WestJet Airlines ticket?
Ans 3) It is free but under specific conditions –when your name is legally changed and when you raise the request within 24 hours after the purchase.
Ques 4) Can I give someone else my WestJet ticket?
Ans. 4) You may transfer your ticket to another person with the airline's permission, but only within 24 hours. If you want to switch your ticket to a different person but did not do so previously, you will be responsible for the fees.
It is not possible to change the name on a ticket if you are flying internationally and need to transfer it to someone else. If a severe problem arises, the airline will reassign your ticket to some other passenger. Transferring your ticket within 24 hours can save you money.
Why Choose Airlines Ticket Policy?
Airlines Ticket Policy is a customer-oriented platform to help you in the aviation domain. You enjoy professional assistance across all stages of the trip and design a comfortable itinerary to the destination. For more details on the WestJet Airlines name correction policy, simply dial 1-866-939-0429 or write to email@example.com.