Scandinavian Airlines Name Change/Correction Policy - When buying a plane ticket, it's typically recommended to enter your first and last name exactly as they appear on your passport. Nevertheless, it's possible to use a nickname or a married last name instead of a maiden name, or mistakenly enter a typo. Airlines generally suggest correcting any errors in the name on your ticket since it won't be valid for travel otherwise. You can refer to this article for detailed information on Scandinavian Airlines name changes and corrections policies.
For extensive help with the name change policy of Scandinavian Airlines, you can either contact Airlines Ticket policy at +1-866-939-0429 (toll-free) or visit our website https://www.airlinesticketpolicy.com.
Introducing The Scandinavian Airlines
In 1946, a partnership between three Scandinavian airlines gave birth to Scandinavian Airlines System (SAS). With its headquarters located in Stockholm, Sweden, SAS serves as the official carrier for Norway, Denmark, and Sweden. At present, the SAS Group operates flights for passengers, cargo, and mail to over 100 destinations across the globe. Acknowledged for its top-notch airport, onboard, and crew services, SAS Scandinavian Airlines has received a 3-Star Airline rating.
Both cabin employees and ground staff are included in the service ratings, while seat comfort, amenities, food and beverages, IFE, cleanliness, and more contribute to the product ratings. In terms of safety, SAS is considered one of the most secure airlines, earning a spot in the top 20 among airlines like Lufthansa, KLM, and United.
Key Highlights of Scandinavian Airlines Name Change Or Correction Policy
- You are allowed to modify the name or transfer an unused SAS ticket to another passenger up to one hour before the flight's departure. However, you cannot change the passenger category or convert a kid ticket to an adult ticket.
- Scandinavian Airlines tickets can have their names changed within Europe. This can be done by accessing your online account or by contacting SAS at least 24 hours before the scheduled departure and requesting to transfer the ticket to another person. The name change applies to the entire booking.
- To change the name or transfer an unused SAS ticket to another passenger, you have until one hour before the flight's departure. Keep in mind that you cannot change the passenger category or convert a kid ticket to an adult ticket.
- For Scandinavian Airlines tickets, it is possible to modify the name within Europe. This can be done by accessing your online account or by contacting SAS at least 24 hours before the scheduled departure and requesting to transfer the ticket to another person. The name change applies to the entire booking.
- Changing the name on a flight ticket operated by a Star Alliance partner airline is not permitted.
- SAS allows passengers to change the name on their flight ticket for a fee of 150 SEK/NOK up to 24 hours before the flight's scheduled departure, provided it is operated by SAS.
Correct Your Name On Scandinavian Airlines through various Methods
Correct Your Name On Scandinavian Airlines Through Online Portal
Leveraging Internet technology is an efficient approach to expedite the process of correcting erroneous information. Passengers can swiftly rectify minor mistakes on their SAS Airlines ticket, such as reversed or misspelled names, by using the online platform.
- To change your booking with SAS Airlines, go to their official website.
- Look for the options "Manage" or "Change Bookings" on the webpage.
- Enter your Family Name and Ticket Reference Number in the appropriate fields.
- Click the "Manage My Booking" button.
- Select the "Change Flight Ticket" option to modify your name.
- Depending on the airline's policy, you may need to provide certain documents as part of the SAS Airlines name change verification process. Ensure that you provide them.
- Follow the guidelines, complete the process, and pay any required fees.
- Once the payment is made, you will receive a notification on your registered email address.
2. Correct Your Name On Scandinavian Airlines Through Contacting The Airline
To prevent incurring additional costs, you have the option of requesting a name change by contacting Airlines Ticket Policy support desk at +1-866-939-0429 (toll-free).To ensure that your reservation is secure, the SAS representative may ask you some security-related questions when you contact them. Therefore, only the traveler who made the booking should contact SAS customer service. You will be asked to verify your identity when the staff assists you.
3. Correct Your Name On Scandinavian Airlines ByVisiting The Airline’s Office
If you prefer to make changes to your SAS Airlines ticket in person, you may visit a local airline office and speak with an authorized representative. The representative can advise you on whether it is possible to modify or change the name on your ticket and may request to see the original documents for verification purposes if your request is approved.
Before initiating the name change process, the authorities may evaluate your flight departure time, and you may be asked to submit a deposit. Upon completion of the name change process, you can request a new boarding card with updated information to ensure the accuracy of your details.
Why Choose Airlines Ticket Policy?
The airline has designed a set of instructions to provide you with several alternatives, making it easier to modify the name on your flight ticket. This way, you can trust that SAS Airlines makes it hassle-free to update your details. The Airlines Ticket Policy is an online platform, regularly updated to offer the most up-to-date information possible. Furthermore, a team of skilled support personnel can be reached at +1-866-939-0429 (toll-free)to assist you in ensuring a pleasant flight experience.
Frequently Asked Questions about Scandinavian Airlines Name Change/Correction Policy
Q1: In the event of a recent name change due to marriage or divorce, what should I do if the name on my ticket is different from my identification?
According to the Fly-Rights page of the Department of Transportation, as long as you have the necessary documentation and allow sufficient time at the airport for inspection, you should be okay. Since the name on your ticket only needs to match the passenger's identification on the day of travel, the DOT advises, "If your name has changed recently and the names on your ticket and different from your I.D., bring supporting documents of the change."
This will demonstrate to the appropriate authorities that even though your physical identification does not yet reflect it, the name on your government-issued identification now matches the one on your ticket. To be on the safe side, we recommend that you bring a printout of the Fly-Rights page in case the individual you are dealing with is unaware of this protection.
Q2: Is it possible to cancel my Scandinavian Airlines flight and receive a refund?
Yes, Scandinavian Airlines does allow for flight cancellations, but it depends on the type of ticket you have purchased. SAS Business, SAS Plus, and SAS Go are the three travel classes provided by Scandinavian Airlines. Additionally, SAS provides three ticket categories: Light, Smart, and Pro, each with its own cancellation and refund policies.
Please see the details regarding the cancellation and refund policies for your ticket type. If you book a flight less than 24 hours before departure, you can cancel it up to 12 hours before departure and receive a full refund, regardless of which ticket class you have purchased.