Air India Name Correction/Change Policy – Name change on an air ticket can be troublesome if the legitimate procedure is neglected. Have you booked a ticket with Air India but with incorrect name details? This is the guide you might be looking for. It will unearth the specific Air India name correction policy to the roots to bring essential rules and guidelines forward. Also, Air India visitors can learn more details at the toll-free number 1-888-974-1691.
The flag carrier, Air India, is one of the largest aviation companies in India. With a base station in New Delhi, the airline comprises enormous infrastructure and the potential to serve clients across over 100 domestic and international destinations. Further, the acclaimed flight service provider is also a member of the Star Alliance since 2014. In the fleet, Air India houses more than 100 aircraft (Airbus & Boeing) to take global passengers to their destinations.
Incorrect Name on the Ticket: What is the Affair?
Mistakes do happen. They’re an integral part of humans’ lives, in fact. This universal statement stands truthfully in the aviation sector as well. People commit errors while making the reservation and enter wrong names, travel dates, and destination points in the form. This is wholly unacceptable as per the aviation rules and requires immediate action to get the precision.
Well, having incorrect name details on the PNR is truly annoying. It can pose severe threats to the itinerary, including flight cancellations. This is because it is illegal to board a flight with the wrong name on the ticket. You’ll have to take rapid steps as soon as you become aware of such mistakes to avoid further complications.
Exploring the Air India Name Change Policy
It is relieving to travel onAir India from multiple perspectives. The Indian service provider strives magnificently for the welfare of customers, irrespective of ticket class. Like others, the airline also drafts a flexible name correction policy for its honorable passengers. Modifying the name with Air India isn’t problematic if you proceed as per applicable laws.
Therefore, it is essential for customers to know various rules and regulations depicted in the policy –
- Air India clients can amend the name details on the ticket as per the given policy.
- They can make minor corrections i.e. up to 3 characters in the name.
- No one is allowed to change the passenger’s full name on the confirmed ticket.
- Similarly, the Air India ticket can’t be transferred to another person’s name.
- Further, the name change policy applies to unused tickets only.
- Visitors can conduct name corrections on a ticket purchased via cash or credit cards.
- Air India offers fresh tickets (including name changes) in metro cities, including Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Chennai, and Bengaluru.
- People can exercise online or offline methods to modify the name.
- In the event, a customer’s name is changed after marriage/divorce; they can request the same by submitting a legal document.
- Likewise, travelers can enjoy the facility of name change only for domestic tickets issued in India (via agents or ticket office).
Need more quotes? Feel free to dial 1-888-974-1691 and speak directly with experts to share the issue.
Methods to Change/Correct the Name on Air India Ticket
Now is the time to put light on various legitimate ways one can use to alter the name with Air India. Committed to delivering flexible services, Air India suggests both digitals as well as traditional procedures to make a difference. Let’s have a look.
Air India Change Name Online
- Visit airindia.in.
- On the homepage, users can select ‘Manage Booking’ under the ‘Manage Your Trip’ tab.
- The next page will ask you to enter your last name and booking reference number or ticket number before hitting the ‘Retrieve Booking’ button.
- Further, a customer will witness a list of bookings. Make the appropriate selection.
- Perform the required actions such as name corrections and double-check the details before the final submission.
- Now you may have to pay a specific fee if eligible.
- Eventually, Air India will share new ticket details via mail/SMS.
Air India Change Name Offline
Sometimes, people don’t love to go digitally and look for other alternatives available. Here’s the section for you. Air India has no hesitation to process name change requests raised via traditional ways:
Air India Name Correction/Change Fee
Of course, the service fee matters. Air India endeavors smartly to make air travel as affordable as possible for adventurers. This is the key reason why most services are cheaper in the Indian airline industry. Making name corrections with Air India is free of charge.
But under certain scenarios, a customer has to pay a nominal fee for the same purpose. Hence, it is thoughtful to visit the official website or share words with experts at 1-888-974-1691 to capture the latest fee updates.
Air India Name Correction Policy – FAQs
Ques 1) Can I modify my name on the Air India ticket?
Ans 1) Yes, you can make name changes/corrections with Air India as per the policy.
Ques 2) How to correct the name with Air India?
Ans 2) One can alter the name via the official website or airport ticket counter/helpdesk number.
Ques 3) Can I change the name on the Air India PNRafter marriage?
Ans 3) Yes. It is permissible as per the airline’s rulebook.
Why Choose Airlines Ticket Policy?
Well-packed with up-to-date insights and the latest scenarios, Airlines Ticket Policy is the ultimate destination for travelers. It serves visitors with the best knowledge and procedures in the aviation department to let them enjoy a delightful journey experience. Also, people can collect more thoughts on the Air India name correction policy or other concerns at 1-888-974-1691 or firstname.lastname@example.org.