WestJet Airlines Flight Cancellation Policy –Serving passengers with flexible services and accommodation is the top priority of WestJet Airlines. In this context, the Canadian carrier brings a customer-friendly WestJet cancellation policy to let visitors enjoy a seamless travel experience. Moreover, WestJet Airlines customers can also dial 1-866-939-0429 to learn the latest insights into the same affair.
Before we march ahead, WestJet Airlines is constituted in 1994 in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. After Air Canada, it is the 2nd largest aviation company in the country; providing charter and scheduled flights to visitors. Presently, the airline is facilitating people across more than 100 locations in Europe, the United States, the Caribbean, and Central America. Moreover, the fleet of WestJet Airlines comprises more than 100 Boeing aircraft.
What is the WestJet Airlines Cancellation Policy?
It is quite a tough task to cancel a scheduled trip for any reason. But as life happens, we witness lots of occasions and moments that are totally out of control. The aviation industry is such a place to recognize numerous events when passengers do cancel their scheduled flights following unforeseen circumstances. It may include the demise of a blood relative, bad weather, critical illness, military orders, and passport theft, etc. One always finds himself helpless before these events and move to cancel the reservation without having any other choice to go for.
How is WestJet Airlines’ approach towards this phenomenon? Thankfully, like many other air carriers, the Canada-based airline also adopts a gentle behavior when it comes to flight cancellations. It features a flexible flight cancellation policy for flyers to help them adjust as per the emerging situations. You can terminate the flight before departure either for a full refund or some deductions, depending on the circumstances.
- WestJet visitors can cancel the booking according to the cancellation policy of the company.
- It gives passengers24 hours (immediate after the booking) to cancel the flight free of cost. Only a fare difference is payable.
- However, a penalty is proposed if you miss the risk-free span.
- Further, WestJet Airlines tickets can be cancelled online or offline as per the flyers’ preferences.
- Cancelling the ticket due to an emergency in the family doesn’t require service charges. A full refund is initiated back to the original mode of payment. You must have to present a legal document to support the affair.
- Likewise, you will have to pay the applicable fee for canceling the Business Flex, Econo Flex, or Premium Flex after the risk-free period.
- No refund is processed for cancelling the Basic Fare tickets.
How to Cancel the WestJet Airlines Ticket?
Don’t you know how a WestJet ticket can be cancelled? This segment aims to educate you about various legitimate platforms that one can adopt to cancel the booking with WestJet Airlines. Let’s start exploring without any further ado.
WestJet Airlines Cancel Flight Online
- The digital procedure starts with the visit to the official website – westjet.com.
- Now, you can look for a tab saying ‘My Bookings’ on the homepage.
- Proceed with the ‘Manage Flights’ option in the dropdown.
- Enter your unique WestJet booking number and last name to move further.
- Hereafter, pick the appropriate flight from the available listing.
- Perform required actions before you collapse the process.
- Now, you can pay the applicable service fee using your preferred mode of payment.
- In the end, WestJet Airlines will send you a confirmation mail.
WestJet Airlines Cancel Flight Offline
If you don’t want to cancel the WestJet flight digitally, here’re different alternatives available under offline scenarios for passengers:
Airport Ticket Counter
Customer Helpdesk Number (1-866-939-0429)
WestJet Airlines 24-Hour Cancellation Policy
According to the 24-hour flight cancellation policy, WestJet visitors are eligible to demolish the booking for a full refund. Make sure to cancel the reservation within 24 hours after the purchase. The refunded amount will also involve seat selection and baggage fee etc. and get credited via the original mode of payment.
Canceling the flight 25 days or more before departure
Canceling the flight 21-24 days before departure
Canceling the flight 21 days or less before departure
50% of the package
50% of the package
WestJet Airlines Flight Cancellation Fee
Of course, the Canadian service provider also imposes a certain fee for flight cancellations. However, it depends upon some specific factors such as the time of the request, destination, and fare type, etc.
- Econo ticket cancellation fee is CAD50 – CAD59.
- Econo Flex ticket cancellation fee is CAD 25 – CAD 30 (within Canada).
- Business Flex ticket cancellation fee is CAD 100 – CAD 118.
- The Premium ticket cancellation fee is CAD 50 – CAD 59.
WestJet Cancellation Refund Policy
According to WestJet's cancellation refund policy, customers who want a full refund from the airline must do so within the first twenty-four (24) hours of receiving their ticket confirmation. Regardless of the fare type paid, the place of travel, or the time of cancellation, after this period has passed, travelers are obligated to pay the termination fee. After deducting the cancellation fee, the refund is only started in the passenger's bank account (if any).
The money will be returned to the same account that the customer used to make the reservation, so customers don't need to worry about their bank accounts being repaid. If a passenger cancels an Econo Flex, Econo, Business Flex, or Premium Flex ticket beyond the allotted 24-hour period, WestJet Airlines will charge a cancellation fee. Only once the cancellation fee has been deducted from each passenger's account will reimbursements be given.
The WestJet cancellation refund policy states that travelers who purchase tickets at Basic Fares are not eligible for a refund. WestJet Airlines offers one insurance package that enables customers to safeguard the value of their refunds. The refund money will be credited to the appropriate bank account with the aid of this insurance within a range of three to five (3 to 5) working days. Even yet, travelers who purchase an Econo Flex or Econo ticket will only receive travel credits instead of refunds.
The passenger may apply this travel credit toward any future purchases. When making a WestJet Airlines reservation, the company advises choosing between Econo Flex, Business Flex, and Premium Flex tickets.
WestJet Airline Flight Termination Policy For delayed & bad weather
- If the WestJet Airline flight has been delayed more than 3 hours from departure, passengers can claim the complimentary voucher for the food and dining.
- In case, the WestJet Airline flight has been canceled due to bad weather, passengers will get a full refund without deduction of the cancellation fee.
WestJet Airlines Flight Cancellation Policy – FAQs
Ques 1) How to cancel the booking with WestJet Airlines?
Ans 1) The WestJet booking can be cancelled via the official website, airport ticket counter, and customer helpline number.
Ques 2) Can I cancel the WestJet ticket online?
Ans 2) Yes, you can cancel the WestJet Airlines ticket online through the official website.
Ques 3) Is it free to cancel the WestJet reservation?
Ans 3) One can cancel the flight free of cost but within 24 hours of booking. Otherwise, you’ll have to bear some service charges.
Ques 4) How do I ask Westjet for a refund?
Ans. 4) If you are willing to enter a "WestJet refund request," you should review the following advice:
- Customers must first visit the Westjet airlines official website.
- You need to select the refund request Form from the menu.
- Click on it, and when it opens, you must fill out the Required Information (which usually consists of a few questions), Reservation Information, and Payment Information (Complete information of the traveler regarding the journey).
- You may now select the "Submit" button.
If you still have questions after reading Westjet's comprehensive cancellation policy, you may visit the airline's official help page, where a live specialist will expertly assist you.
Why Choose Airlines Ticket Policy?
Airlines Ticket Policy is a beneficial platform for air travelers who want to design a comfortable, convenient, and memorable itinerary. The team of qualified industry experts looks after your queries to suggest relevant solutions. Moreover, one can also capture reliable insights into the WestJet Airlines cancellation policy at 1-866-939-0429 or firstname.lastname@example.org.