Air India Flight Cancellation Policy – Cancelling the Air India flight isn’t an ordeal. If you're not sure about your travel plans, you can cancel the reservation without a hassle. Make sure to capture comprehensive knowledge about the Air India ticket cancellation policy before you raise the request. This blog stresses the matter deeply to let you know in-depth insights into ticket cancellation processes. Also, the toll-free number 1-866-939-0429 is there in the service of visitors.
About Air India
The largest international airline of India Air India was incorporated back in 1932 (as Tata Airlines). One of the oldest aviation service providers manages operations from its headquarter in New Delhi. It connects almost all major destinations globally, thanks to an extensive fleet of more than 100 aircraft. Moreover, the airline is also an eminent part of the Star Alliance since 2014.
Air India Cancellation Policy –A Reflection of Flexibility and Comfort
The cancellation of an air ticket isn’t a surprise. It is a common practice in the aviation world as passengers, sometimes, drop their travel plans following unavoidable scenarios. It may include the demise of a blood relative, legal orders, passport theft, critical illness, bad weather, and more. We all are helpless before these events, in fact.
What is Air India’s approach regarding the same? You would be glad to know that the Indian service provider adopts a generous viewpoint on the concern. It brings customer-centric policies for passengers to ensure the best travel experience for them. It allows flyers to terminate the flight booking trouble-free if they can’t board the flight for any reason.
The policy mentions the following statements –
- Air India customers can cancel the ticket as per the cancellation policy.
- People can save the service fee by canceling the reservation within 24 hours after the booking.
- When you're unable to raise the request within the stipulated risk-free period, a certain fee may apply as per rules.
- Further, no fee is imposed for canceling the ticket due to an emergency. A legal document is required, however.
- Visitors can opt for online or offline procedures to make Air India flight cancellations.
NOTE: For more quotes, Air India passengers can also dial the toll-free customer service number 1-866-939-0429 around the clock.
Air India Ticket Cancellation Fee
A cancellation fee may apply. It varies as per multiple factors such as the time of flight cancellation, destination, fare type, and some others. However, it is free to cancel the flight within 24 hours after the reservation. Therefore, it is great to catch the latest fee details by dialing 1-866-939-0429 or exploring the official website of Air India.
How to Cancel the Air India Reservation?
If you're sure to cancel the booking with Air India, you can move ahead by choosing any of the online or offline methods. The airline endeavors assiduously to provide the best and flexible travel experience to passengers. Consequently, it suggests multiple alternatives as depicted below:
Air India Cancel Flight Online
- Visiting the official website (airindia.in) is the first step.
- Use your account credentials to log into your account.
- Now, proceed with the ‘My Booking’ tab.
- Enter your last name besides the booking reference number.
- Choose the relevant booking from the retrieved list.
- Conduct flight cancellations after confirming the same.
- Here’s the time to pay the service fee, if eligible.
- Finally, Air India will notify you about cancellations via mail.
Air India Cancel Flight Offline
Here’re traditional systems as well. Air India visitors can opt for any of the following choices under the offline environment –
Air India 24-Hour Cancellation Policy
Of course, you must be trying to save some rupees by avoiding unnecessary flight cancellation service charges. This is the policy to consider. The 24-hour cancellation policy permits you to demolish your booking within 24 hours after the purchase. But something unpleasant occurs when you miss the specific period in the form of penalties.
Air India Refund Policy
There’re circumstances when Air India customers are eligible for refunds after cancelling the booking. The refund amount depends upon the ticket type. For that, the airline brings a dedicated refund policy to process refunds in a timely manner. Air India credits the refund amount immediately to the original payment source.
However, it may take up to 20 days if the ticket is obtained using a credit card. It is productive to speak with representatives to collect more information on the affair.
Request a Ticket Refund for Air India
- Use any browser to visit the Air India official website.
- Choose Manage Booking from the drop-down menu to access it.
- Enter the necessary login details for your reservation.
- Complete the process by choosing the cancel option.
- You can ask for a refund if you bought your ticket on the website www.airindia.in by heading to the "Manage Your Trip" - "My Booking" area of the site.
- After Air India cancels your flight, your bank account will be credited with your ticket refund in less than 24 hours.
Check the Status of Your Refund with Air India
In most cases, Air India completes the reimbursement almost instantly. However, a bank transfer via a credit card requires at least twenty days.
- The method of payment used to purchase the airline tickets will determine how the refund is handled:
- If the payment was made in cash, a check for the amount of the refund is issued to the passenger's given address.
- If a credit or debit card was used to make the payment, the money is returned to the same credit card account.
- If the payment is made through a direct debit-bank transfer, the money will be credited back to the original bank account.
You should be aware that the refund cannot be applied to a different card account. If a transfer to another card account is necessary, the consumer must request it through the individual card issuing bank.
If a credit card is used to purchase the ticket, it could take up to 20 days. Speaking with representatives to learn more about the situation is beneficial.
Flight Is Delayed Compensation with Air India
For you to receive compensation for your delayed journey, a few factors must be taken into account. In essence, the question is whether events beyond Air India's control contributed to the delay. To make things simpler, the airline might think about giving you a voucher while you wait. Therefore, it's critical to check to discover if the offers have any limitations. In some instances, airlines have requested that passengers give up their right to reimbursement in exchange for a discount.
Therefore, the best thing you can do is give us information on your flight as well as your personal information to help us determine your eligibility. Once we have the details of your flight, they will be able to let you know if your delay qualifies for a reimbursement. Send them your flight number, email address, and a few other details so they can determine your compensation, which you can do by using our online reimbursement calculator.
Air India Ticket Cancellation Policy – FAQs
Ques 1) Can I cancel the Air India flight?
Ans 1) Yes, as per the cancellation policy, Air India permits you to cancel the booking before departure.
Ques 2) How to cancel the booking with Air India?
Ans 2) Visitors can cancel the Air India reservation at the official website. Also, they can do the same by visiting the airport ticket counter or by dialing the customer support number.
Ques 3) Is it possible to cancel the Air India ticket online?
Ans 3) Yes. To make online cancellations, you can explore the official website of Air India.
Ques 4) How can I cancel the Air India booking free of cost?
Ans 4) For free flight cancellation, you will have to raise the cancellation request within 24 hours after the booking is made.
How is Airlines Ticket Policy Beneficial for Air Travelers?
Airlines Ticket Policy is a comprehensively developed digital platform where visitors get the best assistance in the aviation sector. They approach the team of experts to design a comfortable and delightful itinerary at affordable prices. You can learn about multiple policies, including baggage, minor, flight change/cancel, name change/correction, and much more. Likewise, readers can also dial 1-866-939-0429 to find more insights into the Air India flight cancellation policy.