Allegiant Airline Baggage Policy - Air ticket prices are more budget-friendly for passengers as of today. Airlines offer many great deals and offers on airfares. The same goes for Allegiant Airlines like any other budget air carrier. Passengers are made to pay fees for carrying baggage. The allowances on baggage are different too. This post can help the passengers to know about Allegiant Airline Baggage Policy.
Call Tollfree 1-866-939-0429 For Allegiant Airlines Baggage Policy
Allegiant Airline offers budget base airfares, and you are expected to pay more for baggage fees like adding carry-on luggage or oversized bags. It is crucial to know that the baggage policy of Allegiant Airline isn’t that confusing but it is more of a trouble to pocket. The longer you wait in adding baggage to your itinerary, the higher the fees go. It is best to avail of the baggage and pay for them at the initial booking.
About Allegiant Air Baggage Policy
The baggage policy places a lot of restrictions on carrying baggage. Aside from one personal item, you have to pay for all other baggage that is necessary for your trip. You have to pay fees for standard carry-on baggage, oversized baggage, and overweight bags.
What items and goods are considered as personal items?
Personal items must be under the dimensions of 7” x 15” x 16” including wheels, pockets, and handles. It can be a purse, handbag, camera case, or laptop bag. The personal item must be kept under the seat in front of passengers at all times.
Regulations to be followed for carrying personal items and carry-on baggage.
- Dimensions of personal items must not exceed than 7” x 15” x 16” including pockets, handles, decorations and must be kept under the seat.
- Dimensions of carry-on baggage should not exceed 9” x 14” x 22” including pockets, handles, decorations and must be placed in the overhead compartment.
- Each passenger is allowed to carry one personal item and one carry-on bag (fees applicable) on the airplane.
- Passenger may also carry mobility aids (wheelchair) or assistive devices and medical equipment like diabetic prescribed medicines and outer garments, a diaper bag, and an umbrella on the aircraft without paying any fee or charge.
Regulations for carrying checked baggage
- Each passenger is allowed to bring up to 5 checked baggage with reservation. Only 4 bags per person can be booked online. At the time of check-in, the baggage fee will be charged to passengers.
- The size of each checked bag must not exceed 80” in length and height width and depth of 203 cm. and must not weigh more than 18kg.
- Additional fees have to be paid for excess baggage, oversize or overweight baggage.
- Personal item incurs no charges to the passenger. The size measurement must not exceed 7 in. x 15 in. x 16 in. (17.8 cm x 38.1 cm x 40.6 cm). It can be a purse, briefcase, laptop computer, a small backpack, a small camera, or a food container. Oversized personal items can be charged with a baggage fee from $50.00 to $75.00.
- Carry-on Baggage will carry a fee from $10.00 to $75.00. It can be luggage (trolley bag with handle), a garment bag. The size of the carry-on bag must not exceed 9 in. x 14 in. x 22 in. (22.9 cm x 35.6 cm x 55.9 cm)
- Fees on checked Baggage will depend upon the route and segment. Each passenger is allowed to carry only 4 checked baggage. The checked bags must not be exceeding the dimensions of 80 in. (203cm) in height + width + length. The maximum weight of each checked baggage is set to be 40lbs.
- Overweight Bag weighing 40 to 70 lbs (18.2 to 31.8 kg) will have an additional $50.00 charge.
- Overweight Bags weighing 71 to 100 lbs (32.2 to 45.4 kg) will cost an additional $75.00 baggage fee.
- Oversized Checked Bag with height + width + depth over 80 in. (203.2 cm), will carry an additional $75.00 charge.
- Oversized Personal Item - oversized and excess carry-on baggage will be assessed as an at-airport baggage fee.
- Baggage fee will start from $00.00 to $75.00 on gate-checked baggage.
How to minimize and even avoid the Baggage Fees of Allegiant Airlines?
It is nearly difficult to avoid the baggage fee o Allegiant Air flight. One can always look for ways to minimize the baggage fee. Since Allegiant has no loyalty program that can waive off the charges on Baggage fees. The only option is to reduce the cost by using credit cards to purchase air tickets.
1. Chase Sapphire Reserve Credit card
This credit card earns up to three times the points on dining and travel. The $300 travels credits that you may earn can be used in paying travel expenses including baggage fees.
2. Capital One Venture Rewards Credit card
The exclusive benefit that this card offers is marvellous. It gives you an early spending bonus of $500 after you make a purchase of $3000 in the first three months.
Airlines ticket policy –portal with all-access information
We have gained expertise in gathering and presenting the policies and regulations of various popular air carriers. We offer the solutions and clear the confusion of clients. We have a reliable client support team to offer guidance on various policies like Pet policy, UNMR policy, and frequent flier policy.
To know more about Allegiant Airlines Baggage policy, do give a call on 1-866-939-0429 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org